Did you ever wonder what the heck was the Query Optimizer thinking, coming up with this idiotic execution plan?
During this full-day workshop, we are going to dive into the inner workings of the Query Optimizer to uncover some of the logic that drives it, decisions it makes based on the limited information available to it, and answer some of those questions in the process.
- Query Optimizer cost-based optimization model
- Data distribution statistics and other information available to the QO
- QO rules and transformations
- QO diagnostics
- Differences between QO in SQL 2014 and older versions
- Query anti-patterns leading to inefficient execution plans
- Controlling the execution plan choice through hints, plan guides and other techniques